CE Label insulation products
- The Construction Products Regulation (CPR) became mandatory for all UK construction product manufacturers on July 1st, 2013.
- It included the CE marking of any products covered by a harmonised Europe-an standard (hEN) or European Technical Assessment (ETA).
- • CE Marking is designed to create a level playing field for all manufacturers. The product is required to be tested to strict procedures and controls, and with product declarations made in accordance with the relevant standard. This co-vers all of the basic product characteristics, such as thermal conductivity, product dimensions and reaction to fire classification.
- CE marking also requires that these main characteristics and declarations are contained within the product CE label.
- There is an additional requirement for manufacturers to make available a Dec-laration of Performance (DoP) for products. Gradients DoP can be found via the link below:
- Product CE labels include a scannable QR code which provides a direct link to the relevant product DoP.
- Products that do not have the CE mark should not be sold on the European market.